I’ve been gaga about “happiness” for awhile now! One of my goals this week was to set up a “Carpe Diem Correspondence Corner” to write cards and letters (the old fashioned way!)
I even splurged on an old-fashioned sealing wax kit since I had one of these when I was a kid.
Even then, sealing wax was considered “old-fashioned” but back then (in the 60’s and 70’s), before email or personal computers, the way we communicated was through good ol’ snail mail! We couldn’t even make out-of-state phone calls without being reminded to “keep it short” because of the long-distance charges.
Now we have such a variety of ways to communicate and I love them all, but it’s fun to do things the old fashioned way sometimes, so one of my goals this year is to send more cards and letters through the mail.
I love that Dollar Tree has such a great variety of cards, stationary supplies, and fun, little doo-dads that make me happy. I found the little book, “Do more of what makes you happy” there and it has a bunch of happiness quotes. This is a perfect little gift for a friend who’s always collecting quotes. But before I send it off, I’ll capture the quotes here:
- Savor the moments that are warm and special and giggly. ~ Sammy Davis, Jr.
- If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. ~Katharine Hepburn
- All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt. ~Charles M. Schulz
- Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. ~George Bernard Shaw
- Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep balance, you must keep moving. ~Albert Einstein
- Don’t wait for the perfect moment. Take the moment and make it perfect. ~Zoey Sayward
- You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough. ~Mae West
- Nothing is impossible. The word itself says “I’m Possible!” ~Audrey Hepburn
- A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. ~Lao Tzu
- Be Silly. Be Honest. Be Kind. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Make each day your masterpiece. ~John Wooden
- Impossible is just an opinion. ~Paulo Coelho
- Start each day with a positive thought and a grateful heart. ~Roy T. Bennett
- A #2 pencil and a dream can take you anywhere. ~Joyce Meyer
- Always believe something wonderful is about to happen. ~Author Unknown
- One way to get the most out of life is to look upon it as an adventure. ~William Feather
- It’s time to start living the life you’ve imagined. ~Henry James
- Be the change that you wish to see in the world. ~Mahatma Gandhi
- Do more of what makes you happy. ~Author Unknown
- Everything you can imagine is real. ~Pablo Picasso
- Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. ~Joann Wolfgang von Goethe
- What you do today can improve all your tomorrows. ~Ralph Marston
- In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity. ~Albert Einstein
- Live each day as if it’s your last. ~David Nicholls
- The best dreams happen when you’re awake. ~Cherie Gilderbloom
- Believe you can and you’re half way there. ~Theodore Roosevelt
- Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened. ~Dr. Seuss
- Happiness is a warm puppy. ~Charles M. Schulz
- The best revenge is massive success. ~Fank Sinatra
- It’s kind of fun to do the impossible. ~Walt Disney
- Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken. ~Oscar Wilde
- The power of imagination makes us infinite. ~John Muir
- Try to be a rainbow in someone’s cloud. ~Maya Angelou
- Light tomorrow with today. ~Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- Do small things with great love. ~Mother Teresa
- Nothing can dim the light which shines from within. ~Maya Angelou
- Be BOLD, Be ITALIC, but never regular! ~Author unknown.
- I believe that if one always looked at the skies, one would end up with wings. ~Gustave Flaubert
- The flower that blooms in adversity is the rarest and most beautiful of all ~Walt Disney Company
I love these! Do you know of others? What would be YOUR happiness quote?