Carpe Diem Day!
Seize the Day Every Day
National Carpe Diem Day is February 26th. Throughout the month of February, 2021, I’ll be hosting 3 #CarpeDiemDay contests. The winners will receive a personalized prize designed to help them live more fully and find ways to “Seize the Day” despite the pandemic.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Join Carpe Diem Connections Facebook Group
- Post a picture and tag with #carpediemday
- You can also post text, describing how you are “seizing the day” despite the pandemic.
Contest 1: National Wear Red Day on February 5, 2021
Contest 2: National Umbrella Day on February 10, 2021
Contest 3: National Carpe Diem Day on February 26, 2021
- Examples include any inspirational pictures or stories of people helping or finding ways to celebrate, adapt, innovate, be creative, connect, and have fun in safe, healthy, positive ways.
- Help me spread the word! Please share and retweet.
Websites and Social Media
National Carpe Diem Day is February 26th. However, of course, we want to make every day meaningful!
I’ve made it my mission to actively promote and help others celebrate and create a “Carpe Diem Mindset.” I think this has been especially important in when the world has been struggling with the challenges of the Global Pandemic. I’m especially keen to get National Carpe Diem Day recognized in 2021 while people are still struggling. We don’t need to wait for our challenges to be resolved in order to celebrate each day. It’s more important than ever to celebrate in spite of the challenges!
I’ve created this Website (www.carpediemday.com) that shares many other Websites and resources aimed at helping others live full and meaningful lives and fostering deep and meaningful connections.
I host a weekly Carpe Diem Connections Podcast aimed at sharing ideas and talking to guests aimed at living a full and meaningful life. I also manage an active Facebook community of others who are living fully and sharing ideas and deep connections.
In 2010, I lost a good friend, Craig Dunham, to ALS. Craig taught me the importance of living each day fully, despite the challenges we’re facing in our lives. I’ve written and spoken a lot about Craig. Passing along his message helps me to keep his spirit and legacy alive and pass forward his personal message of living fully:
I especially appreciate the opportunity to show my children how life can be lived without anger, resentment, bitterness or regrets. I have purged all of that from my life and intend to leave this life with nothing but love, acceptance, forgiveness and compassion in my heart. I am so ready to live life to its fullest, I only wish I would have thought to do it sooner.
~ Craig Dunham – upon learning of his ALS Diagnosis
Since his death in 2010, I have used “Carpe Diem” as a mantra in his honor, and as a reminder to live fully despite the challenges that life throws you. CD are both the initials of Craig’s name as well as the initials of Carpe Diem and form the emblem of Super Carpe Diem Woman, who leads the Walk to Defeat ALS.
Ways to Celebrate Carpe Diem Day
- Pay tribute to those who have died by spending the day doing something they loved or that you loved doing together
- Share your passion with someone you love
- Make amends with those you love
- Take a small step toward meeting a big goal
- Dress in costume and have fun
- Creatively enjoy theme-based celebrations throughout the year using unusual special days as prompts
- Give yourself a positive affirmation
- Set a goal that will bring more love into your life
- Get a makeover
- Take a picture with someone you love
- Send a surprise letter to someone you love
- Do something kind for someone
- Reframe a rejection
- Celebrate your age
- Say “thank you” to someone in your life
- Go on a nature walk
- Sign up for an event that benefits a charity
- Cook a new recipe
- Learn a new dance move
- Reach out to an old friend
- Have a virtual reunion with friends from all over the world
- Look through old photos
- Sing, play, or listen to music that inspires you to live life fully
- Host a virtual theme party
- Learn about a new place and make plans to visit there once there are no restrictions
- Read a bestseller or recommended book
- Watch an Oscar-nominated movie
- Clean out old clutter
- Research and accomplish a DIY repair job
- Buy something fun from an online store
- Contribute your time or dollars to an important cause like the ALS Association