I’ve been so excited about my new Podcast for several reasons:
- I’ll be meeting with like-minded, positive people, learning from them and making new friends
- I’ll learn how to podcast, and more about social media in general
- I’ll continue to discover what kinds of things I want to do in this next chapter of life!
Tom Johnston is also in transition and figuring out what’s next in his life. He started both a Meetup group and a Facebook group called Ageless Explorers. His target audience are people like me… energetic people over 55 who care about health and wellness, wanting to live a meaningful “Chapter 3.”
It was awesome that Tom was the first guest on my Carpe Diem Connections podcast and that I could be the first guest on his new Meetup! (I spoke about using Agile practices during Covid19.)
What I’m learning from Tom
- I’d never heard of the 7 levels of energy taught in Energy Leadership Coaching. Something I want to read more about!
- I really liked how Tom knew that his first priority, his purpose, his “why”.. is to be a good father and that this is what guides him. It’s important to understand and live by our values, but not always easy.
- Tom and I are catering to a similar demographic, so whatever we end up doing, we might be able to network and share leads and connections.
- Tom does a great job of hosting Ageless Explorers. He’s consistent, a strong facilitator, created an inspiring logo, and has interesting content in his Meetup. We share interest in coaching and positivity. I can see that he’ll be a valuable business connection and new friend!
What worked well
- Tom was a very flexible, go-with-the-flow guest. He didn’t mind being the first guest on my podcast, despite my amateur status.
- Very nice that Tom and I were reciprocal guests on each other’s new ventures.
- I like that I was able to record a Zoom video and have content for both a YouTube video and a Podcast audio recording at the same time.
- It’s nice that I haven’t had to spend a dime on equipment or software (though, if I want to get serious, I should invest in at least a better mic, so they say.)
What could have been better
- It was unbelievably difficult for me to figure out how to just do a simple split of audio using Audacity! I have a lot to learn about audio-editing.
- Between my lack of skill and equipment, I’m kind of embarrassed by my podcast’s low quality.
- Interview with Pamela Gail Johnson, Founder of Happiness Happens!
Links and References:
Ageless Explorers Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/911958189307379
Ageless Explorers Meetup Group: https://www.meetup.com/Denver-Career-Network-Meetup-Group/
Carpe Diem Connections Podcast Interview: https://anchor.fm/carpediemconnections/episodes/Tom-Johnston-Interview-eig2o1
YouTube Interview (My unedited full interview with Tom): https://youtu.be/b93CaCLXuzA
YouTube Recording of Agile during Covid19 at Ageless Explorer Meetup: https://youtu.be/U_y1AqXUtd0